Friday, February 13, 2009

Click-sampled Dance Tracks!

For song #1, I chose to use a very straight forward approach, mixing 4 samples of the clicks in RadiaL and trying to maximize the chopping and buzzing of the static itself to create a whirling atmosphere.
For song #2, I basically exported a section of the loops from song #1 into Logic, tampered with it, then bounced it back into RadiaL to loop it again. In this way I was able to take a sped up sample and abstract it one step further by reapplying several processes over its first ones.
In the production of song #3 I got back to the basics of using the clicks sample, but this time I focused on pitch-bending and actually making a rudimentary melody. Very simple, but kinda catchy.
Overall I had some difficulty using the MIDI controllers, and since I only have 2 knobs it seems slightly pointless. Hopefully in the future I’ll have more knobs and sliders.

Track #1:


Track #2:


Track #3:

1 comment:

  1. Great job making a lot out of a little. Very dense and crazy sounding (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete